It's the doldrums again...... Summer... silly season, sour pickle time

is what they call it in my neck of the woods....

But it wouldn't be 'the square' if I didn't walk out the door and have some sort of new experience, as I told Millie recently.... I needed snigarettes, and went out for some meager provisions.... and ran straight into Rudy Doody. He looked terrible.

He tried to do a guilt trip on me because his wife Krista was doing a lot of hand-wringing thinking I was blaming them for letting the HAY into the courtyard. (The HAY is Viennese dialect for the cops....) It's probably spelled differently, but I never got far enough with German to get to know the spelling ins and outs of dialects. But that is what it sounds like, ok?

And she thought I was blaming THEM or something, and had it all wrong, as per usual....

I was fairly non-plussed....

Well, I told him I knew they weren't behind it... this time... and tried to set the record straight.

And he looked like a picture of pure misery.

Whatever, I cleared him up on that, and out she came with a case of beer and in her usual fog, and I got a few new details of what was going on that fateful Friday. She was hanging up the wash in the building next to me, and they were outside on the square, trying to break the door down! (You can easily access my house from the back way, and do NOT make jokes about that, but no, they were into 'heroics'.) So she opened up, and they were in friggin' panic mode, asking where I was. They could just as well have ordered a clown car with the Keystone Kops, hey.

They said they were here to 'help' me. Uh-huh. I heard them yelling down in the courtyard, but chose to ignore it at first. And then I heard one of them yell, 'LOOK, the window is open!' (Nice going, Sherlock...) And they were actually getting a tall ladder from another house and planning to enter that way.

Till I finally went to the window and said, 'wtf do YOU want? Leave me alone.'

THEY thought I had been in jail. So you can bet your tailfeathers that I have since become a 'colorful' person out on the square, because they just never shut their moufs....

Actually, I find that amusing....

I always wanted to be a juvenile deliquent, you know, the duck tail hairdo, greased down, the attitude, and reeking of testoterone, and considered 'mad, bad, and dangerous to know.'

Be careful what you wish for when you are young.... it can come back and bite you in the arse.

Actually, it is sort of funny, when you stop and think about it.....

And illustrates the fact, you don't have to go looking for adventure, you can just walk out your door.

But it reminded me of my marathon discussion with Elke Wednesday. About how my psychologist said I should move and get a rent-controlled place in Gamlitz. She was horrified. And I said, 'I can't do it for a mess of reasons. I can't TAKE watching Peter deteriorate every day, and NO ONE is ever gonna accept me down there, as polite as they are... I just can't.'

And she told me if I did that, I would be just a 'Zugereister', which is a bad word. The outsider, but hmmm... the only context I can come up with in this comparison is from the South: Carpetbagger. And we were weighing the merits of this choice, and I said, 'Well, it wouldn't be that much different from living out on the Square.... it is like a small village, except I am a City person. It would drive me crazy for real.' She was relieved. I can go elsewhere and be anonymous, if I wish, where I am. And some people are very nice to me where I am.... which makes me feel comfortable....

So.... that was my 'adventure' of the day, ok?

Not so good was Peter.... his breathing was so bad yesterday, I was about to call the head of the nursing home and raise hell. Turns out he got way too much insulin, his sugar was down to 54, and that is just short of falling into a coma. But they were able to turn it around.

Today, it is still too low.

When the hell is my hair gonna turn white while I still HAVE some, huh?

I was so irritated with Friday's edition of One Life to Live this morning I was spitting nails. Talk about cliff-hangers, and Eli (a psychopath) is close to killing everyone in sight, but still no clues as to motive. Whelp, am just gonna have to wait till Tuesday to see the Monday broadcast, and it isn't fair, hey.

But then again, I can look forward to it.....

But then again, it's just another boooo---ring weekend where everyone pretends that all is well with the world, no real news, and CBS is running re-runs. I should sleep through it, but really don't feel like doing so.

Yup. Silly season.

What's up in YOUR corner of the world???

2 Responses to "It's the doldrums again...... Summer... silly season, sour pickle time"

Anntichrist S. Coulter says
1 August 2010 at 05:39

"What's up in YOUR corner of the world???

Why bother even ASKING questions like that, when you don't even read the answers or respond to e-mails anymore?!??!

RenB says
2 August 2010 at 17:04

I DO read the answers here, and answer about 95 percent of my mail. So what is setting YOU off? It's not like you mail me and keep me up to date....