Part Two,

A new light, another day. The guy I was about to name the Feldmarshall was awake first, and told me not to look at him so insolently. (Oh wow....) Basic bully, insulting, you just wanted to make a huge circle around him. Then came Jake in the next bed, tousled blonde hair, handsome, a smile---and two wraps of guaze around his wrists. Only 24, a successful electrician, heart-breaking to look at. I got a couple of smiles out of him before breakfast, we were incorigible smokers before and after corfee. Tried drawing him out a little.

Then there was my bed and then a Nigerian who was quiet ALL the time unless watching World Cup. But never impolite. Around the corner was Steven. I couldn' find out what in the world was wrong with him, he spoke so oddly sometimes, would acknowlegdge you, then wouldn't. And then there was the lovely Fitz from Mali. Speaks about five languages. I'd come in for a smoke, he'd want to give me his chair. And I would say, 'you keep sitting, Mister, it's Your chair', and he would smile and say thank you. He had schizophrenia, but seems much better, and is well-spoken.

On the third day I got into trouble with the head psychiatrist because I was having a heavy talk and smoke with Jake and he said he had known he should have cut upward but not cut crosswise. And I said, 'Don't you SEE, there is something out there, something positive that you want to do but can't define yet, and that is what is important: to find it. and not mess about like that.' Whereupon the Nurse Ratchett came where she had been listening out in the ward sent me on my merry way.

We did get rid of the Feldmarschall. He had he wc door open, and told me to get out, Jake was following me saying 'What's up' And I said, 'Oh, the diva doesn't want us in there to maybe see his small weenie, I don't know...' Whereupon he shut the door, and first it sounding like laughing, but in the end we agreed he was crying. He was polite the next two days, then left.

And during the whole times, families would visit, and it was interesting to me.... how they ineracted.

Preciousses... they told more stories than I can tell in a lifetime, and I am not going to get myself in hot water any more than I am right now.

Some personnel were strict. Some were exceedingly nice. After a few days I could go on walks on the grounds...attended....and without a belt. I kept 'showing my flag' getting the ball out of the cup... but they WERE boxer shorts, and plaids. (smile) That was a handicapp playing mini golf this morning.

Part Three to follw:

0 Responses to "Part Two,"