Just had a long visit in a hotel lobby....

Aunt Charlotte was resting upstairs when I got there. The weather is horrible, and I said, 'That's ok, let her get her rest. ' Gave Barbara the stuff I brought, and she took it upstairs. Barbara is on the left, her sister Renate on the right. I would have been happy enough just to see them. It was not good weather for a soon to be nonagenarian, believe me, and I thought 'ok, will see her tomorrow...' I was so happy to see her 'girls'. I asked them if I could take their picture and warned them it would be on the blog... Whereupon they laughed. Well, it isn't as if it would get me put in lock-down again. It's a nice picture. And yes, they heard the whole sad story beforehand.

As soon as Tante Lotte heard I was there, she came down. Looking a bit frail, but hardly changed. And beautiful as ever. She nudged me, and said, 'my e-mail buddy'. Oh those eyes.... Peter.






I am NOT fotogenic, and never post anything of myself on this blog, but I was happy. And then I look stupid. But she is stunning. So this is going to be the only picture you will see of me on this blog. Because I WAS happy.




Tomorrow is the big day. I saw some of the grandchildren checking in. Great genes. Tomorrow is going to be special.

I had some long talks with her daughters after she retired to her room, and found out some amazing things. Aunt Charlotte can ask a lot of questions, and I answer them freely, and she never 'bats an eye'.... but she doesn't tell any one else either. I think we had two very good discussions, and I asked for advice, and got good advice from both of them.

I can't call them 'fambly', but believe me, it is a long road from being regarded as 'suspicious', to being 'accepted'.

Tomorrow is Charlotte's day. And it will be all about her. (Although I've been told this is all about me... I think I worry enough about other people than being so egocentric. Walk a mile in my shoes, hey, and I guarantee you won't like it.)

Peter was on the horn... the weather is making him miserable. And he was in one of his rants... doesn't want company, whining and weasling, I would have smacked him one on the shoulder if I had been in the room.

Instead, I resorted to my ultimate weapon. (Herrgott noch mal, the meds are making me senile...) If you don't behave yourself on Monday, I will NOT visit you for AT LEAST three weeks. IS THAT CLEAR? Your Aunt will never be able to come here again, ever, and she loves you, so you better be on your best behaviour. Because if you do ANYTHING untoward, you are going to pay for it dearly, do you understand me? You WILL be polite, you WILL be kind, or I will not come to see you. Have you GOT that?'

(Tiny voice) ok, I promise...

Gawwd. And y'all wonder why I get depressed to near the breaking point?

But oh no, it's all about ME, of course.

Yup... I can go hippity-hoppity all around the place and find posiive things no one else finds. I'm good at that.

How did I get on this topic? They are here, they make me very happy, and I like them muchly.

Tomorrow is the birfday party. Monday we go to Gamlitz.

But now you have seen 'the matriach', and her 'girls'.

It was good.

0 Responses to "Just had a long visit in a hotel lobby...."