oK::::: i just learned I had been lied to.

The Cocoanut fire happened in 1942, because I was born 7 years later, so it couldn't have been my my weird grandparents told me, so why LIE about it? I can't buy that...

I remember distinctly seeing reoports, live on tee-vee. It was horrible. Maybe it was a re-run of the news on that, but WHY the FUCK HELL would my uncle go anlong with lying.

I was just a kid, and manipulatable.

Ok, I'm not gonna dwell with it, but it gets to be a shock, when what you think was.... wasn't.

There must be another answer.

This has to be the weirdest thing I ever found out....

Other than I made finding out the Mom I loved, once made a decision which ruined her happiness...

Families hold sneakrets, sometimes very big ones.I'

What was the SENSE in telling me my uncle should have been in some catastrope BEFORE he was as adult?

Unless it was something else, and her mind wasn't exactly sane...

I will have to look for clues. This is really crass. I saw the tee-vee, it happened 'somewhere' nearby. And at that time things were 'live'....

That was shocking.

Am off to bed, my ribs hurt.

Wish me I can sleep, and this time I didn't have a librarian fall on me.

Update: I went into Google and did some searching. In the Fifties, there were major forest fires, but none involving night clubs, and none of them around my home.

What the HELL was that glitter in their eyes story ABOUT? Hmmm... The story about the fire was true, it is harrowing to read. 469 young people died there, and it did change the fire laws, but it was in 1942, so why TELL me something like that? My uncle was fully distraught, and they just covered it up, or something, I was way younger, but believed it. Y'know.... families have secrets. Sometimes big ones. It gets sort of weird, when you were told untruths, and can't find a starting place to look...

0 Responses to "oK::::: i just learned I had been lied to."