Just a note... the kindness of strangers.....

I was on the way back from Gamlitz to Ehrenhausen yesterday. And normally, I'm fired up and make him laugh, because normally, I'm the only person on the bus, so I do my Ren shuffle to cheer him up, so to speak. It HAS to be depressing to have only one passenger on your bus, after all. He's sort of a Hippie at heart, I guess.... And I was quiet, not really in the mood for talking....

And he wanted to cheer ME up all of a sudden. He had been to see a concert John Fogarty gave in Graz. And flipped out. Big CCR fan, turns out. 'Man, what he DOES with a guitar, it was fantastic!' Well, we went from that to the idea that all the musicians MUST have been Americans, and I said, 'That's not true. When I was working, we had many groups in, and they were on tour, and the musicians were from all over the world, they just had to be good.' And he asked, 'How can they DO that?' And I said, 'Music is an international language, hey. It always works.'

You give a bit, and you get. I had to smile. I lurves me some wild-assed Austrians....

0 Responses to "Just a note... the kindness of strangers....."