This is 'fun'... not... Actually it is just 'rich'--...

After two days of bumping into things and just 'guessing' about what I was typing, I went out for help this morning. 'Give me the strongest and least expensive pair of glasses you have so I can find my real pair', please. So yay, I can read again!!! I can even see things, and people don't look like blurred pod people. It put me back €9.90, which is a good thing for making the simple mistake of not taking them off and leaving them on the computer, as usual.

However, I've been looking... And I still can't find my €550.00 pair. Did they grow legs in the night, and run away? Am baffled.

Now I can re-watch Rachel Maddow from the last two days live in Afghanistan, and see what she was up to, as well as hear. I know I go ON about her, but her reporting was some of the best I've seen from that part of the world. She really seems to outdo herself constantly. It was cogent, comprehensive, very interesting and thought provoking, and she even looks good in kevlar and a helmet. She must be very tall, because she makes Richard Engel look like a dwarf. And he is one very brave reporter, I would say.

She seriously shocked him in Kabul on yesterday's segment. He was showing her all these semi-precious stones and jewelry, and seemed ready to see her buy something. Lapis, emeralds, rubies, stuff like that. And he went speechless when she did finally buy something. Because he wasn't expecting what she picked.

I don't want to give that away, but it was very funny, while the rest was straight reporting.

If you missed it, those two segments are well worth seeing. They are on the internets... here.

0 Responses to "This is 'fun'... not... Actually it is just 'rich'--..."