All right, this is how it went down....

Was at one of my lowest points ever, emotionally. Checked the tracker, saw there were State Dept hits from DC and VA... and all of a sudden the consulate in Vienna? John something, and he irritated me do death. And I said, 'Well, this is weird, because I haven't been an American since1986.' You're an American, he replied. Well who decided THAT hey, was what I was thinking.

'Listen, there are people worried about you. Want to talk about it?' I said 'No'... 'If I have a social worker call you from Graz, would you talk to her?' I said, 'I suppose...' Twenty minutes later she was on the phone, and I didn't like her but agreed to see her Tuesday, as it was Friday and I was planning to go to 'Gamlitz on Monday. She said ok, but seemed uncertain.

Twenty minutes after that... all hell broke loose. Three cops at the door, Two with pistols pulled and one with his arms in the air as in 'I give up' in the Westerns? Him I snapped at. 'Put 'em DOWN, I don't have a gun, never will' He seemed shaken: 'You don't know what we go through sometimes.'

That made me smile, it really did. The eldest told me to turn of my pc and put on some pants, we were going across the street 'for a talk'... And the court doctor came in with a print-out of my now-infamous article, and said he was forcing me into a full closed facility mental hospital.

And I said, 'you can't DO that!' And he said, 'Oh yes, we can. It is our duty to save our citizens's lives, even if they don't think so at the time. So let's get on with it, shall we? And before I knew it I was in an ambulance, twenty minutes later I had an 'expert' I disliked immensely, and was shuttled up to my new 'home'. Looks like a dorm room, but fences on the bars, you can't just go in and out. EVER. It has six beds... They are ok... And a long table and cabinet with a tee-vee.

And then the strip stuff began. Hand over your keys, and paßport, hand over your wallet, hand over your belt. Do you have cigarettes? We lock them up here, and TELL you when you can smoke them. No lighters. And the bathroom is locked at night; the tub is too deep. Then it was time for bed-snack, and we were allowed a cigarette in the bathroom, and could watch World Cup Soccer, or go to sleep, or try to, although the handfuls of pills worked.

That was the first evening and have never been so disoriented. No one was mean or anything, I just kept to myself.

Part Two upstairs.

0 Responses to "All right, this is how it went down...."