Every Day a little death, every moment just a sigh...



Gawwd...

The Couch Critter is going to move out.

And looking back on the past three months...

Sometimes he drove me to distraction. I hated, absolutely hated his take on politics, he drove me crazy with his pedantery, but on the other hand, he is a very nice person, and in his heart, he is good inside....

I know that sounds like a conundrum, or contradictary in terms, but at core, he is really very nice.

If you live in close quarters with someone, you get used to their idiocincracies.... In the past three months, he never drove me to the point where I wanted to kick him out of the house.

I received respect and caring. And I gave the same.... He wanted to give me money to pay his way. I was insulted. He paid for his food, washed his dishes, cleaned the house, and never pushed it in my face.

He did lots more.

And no, there was nothing sexual. He is just like the brother I lost, but is not denigrating, or mean. On the contrary.

So in a few days, he is going to move into his own place, and I never put any pressure on him to do that....

And when he signed the contracts today, to move out...

I realised I am going to miss him.

I am going to miss all his sophmoric fart jokes. And I can do the come-backs like no one else can. 'Did you just SAY something?' 'Did you just call me?' 'HEY, don't misuse my name!' I am never at a loss for that sort of humour... It made him laugh, of course...

I am going to miss coming home from Peter's, and someone is there that I can talk to.

Who sets my feet forward, as we say.

I am going to miss him terribly, in other words...

There is so much trust between us.

Sometimes I find him extraordinarily naive.

Sometimes his political views drive me right up the wall.... left, not right.

He is very on the right....

But nebulous about it all....

But at his core, he is a very caring, nice Mensch. Person.

And yes, will miss coming home and he will not be there, and I can talk to the four walls, and so on.

Oh yes, will visit now and then. But it isn't the same, no, not at all....

It was mostly about friendship... an odd couple who never really agreed on anything, but had some fun discussions.

Tja, every day a little death.....

0 Responses to "Every Day a little death, every moment just a sigh..."