Riding the busses, violent edition....

Peter called me shortly before seven. He'd fallen out out of bed, and couldn't get himself back up again, I should take a taxi over there.

I'd already been asleep, and was really pissed off. You wake me out of a deep sleep and I am Ghengis Khan, Atilla the Hun, and everyone bad you ever dreamed of. And I knew from experience I would get there, and he would be back in the wheelchair of his own accord...

Well, Preciousses... There wasn't one bleeding taxi to be seen out on the square this evening, so I had to take the bus. I was off the charts for angry.

The ride to Jacki was uneventful, but then the connection! Schoolkids returning home it was packed like a sardine can. And there was this little Turkish kid about thirteen or so, what we would call a 'Zerreisser', or class clown. He wasn't being offensive, just loud, and sort of funny.

And all of a sudden, two exemplary blond little Austrians the same age who were in front of me suddenly weaseled their way back there and began beating him. Not in fun, they were hitting that kid hard, and I was trying to get back there and break it up.

But a guy next to them, seemingly from the Middle East, short, stocky, strong. ripped them apart, and told them to behave. The little Turk kid wasn't having any. 'Two against one, hey! I KNOW your faces now, and you are going to DIE!' And to his rescuer, 'what are you, gay or something?' Whch elicited a smile from the man.

The kids here think that is something funny. And use the word so inappropriately, it hurts to hear, and they do not really KNOW what the fuck they are talking about.

So much for schools, and teaching kids aboutbeing pc.

The shouting continued till I got off at Lilac street, and he was still taunting them. 'Get OFF of the bus. NOW! And I will take you one on one, and beat you!'

Tja, bullies are cowards. They didn't get off the bus.

So ok, that was distracting...

And Bedlam.

Once at Peter's, he was on the floor next to the bed, the wheelchair had fallen over and collapsed on itself, and it took me half an hour to get him upright, and back into bed. And I hurt my lower back to get that done.

I heard the people from the Red Cross offer to install an emergency thing so that if something like that happens, he only has to press a red button, and they come. He had said no, he would 'think about it'. I was about as off the charts as the little Turkish kid. He is going to get one asap. I'm not some marionette, hey. And I can't do it any more.

So... now am going back to bed and be up in the middle of the night, am sure.

But I did like that kid's pluck and courage to call the bullies out on their cowardice.

0 Responses to "Riding the busses, violent edition...."