The horridays are back again....

Pentecost weekend, Sunday and Monday are horridays. Went over to the market, and helped my friend unload plants, which is fun for me. It makes me feel useful, somehow. I had a 'before' picture... (I thought) but was seemingly too half-asleep and it didn't take. These are the 'after' pictures. The air was a bit brisk when I went over, but just shrugged it off, and thought, ok, if you are 'working', it won't matter....


And then it started to rain, lightly at first, and my friend asked, 'Do you want to go home?' And I said, "My goodness, why? My Mom always said, 'You're not made of sugar, you won't melt...' " I have always thought that the people at the market have it rough sometimes. They have to be out there day after day, in all sorts of weather, and sometimes it isn't pleasant, but they do what they have to do, and seldom complain, even in the nastiest winter weather. And these photos are of so-called Hawaii Lieseln, mostly. They are low-growing, and make for some nice flower beds in your gardens. The only thing that kinda gets me is the petunias. You expect to get a whiff of something nice when you take them off--but they have a healthy dose of horse dung in the pots, and that took me aback the first time. So I learned not to take a deep breath when unloading those guys... (smile)...

And, of course, there are always a few moments to talk to people. Like the inimitable Frau Brehm (sp?). She used to run a Gasthaus, and is seemingly a terrific cook, and is funny, and charming. And very insightful, believe me. (The lady in the red hat and with the green umbrella.) The trolley in the back is what we unload.

Und persönliche Mitteilung: Millie? Das nächste mal werde ich das besser machen. Und Dich vorher warnen, bevor ich auf dem Knopf drücke.... Versprochen.

0 Responses to "The horridays are back again...."