Gawwwd, I can't seem to get anything right at the moment....


The heating people were supposed to come today to measure my radiators. At noon, I had thought. And in all the hecticness, I didn't double-check the time. It was for 8:45 to 9:45. Just call me blind.

Was very preoccupied after yesterday, and getting senile, or something..


So at six a.m. I zoomed over to Peter's place with the bus to pick up his e-card, dentures, and toiletries, and things he will need, because yesterday, Preciousses, there was no time for anything of the sort, and time was of the essence.





As to the pics, the first is of the entrance to that giant complex that is the Styrian state hospital. It is a real mix of all sorts of styles, from the 1800's to last year.... and they are still building. Huge. I learned that he is in the endocrinology dept. Whatever the hell THAT is... I must have looked totally lost looking at the map of the grounds on the street, because some guy came along and asked me what I was looking for. He was very helpful, and led me to a labyrinth of a building. So as my step-mother used to say, 'You got a tongue in your head.... use it.' (That used to crack me up on so many levels, but let's just leave that for now, ok?) The window on the right on the first floor in the third photo is Peter's room. It is a double. The building is old, but very modern inside. The people in there were very friendly, competent, and helpful.

Of course I was way too early, but how was he supposed to have breakfast without his dentures? Gum it? The room is super-clean, of course, the furnishings functional, and whaddaya know? They now have flat-screen tee-vees over every bed with earphones, so everyone can watch what they wish to see and not bother the person in the next bed. Let me tell you, that is such an improvement over the last time I was in hospital, and had to listen to regional radio for eight weeks, because that was what everyone else wanted to hear... their 'splat you on the ceiling' folk music nearly drove me insane. Nearly, mind you. Now this is what I call an improvement. Oh, it won't make you better or anything, but it sure is better than what was.

So I finally, finally got back home... and realised I had missed the appointment. So I had to call the company, and they want me to measure it myself, and send it to them per e-mail. Hokay.... Is it any wonder am nearly a basket case by this time?

Annnd, oh yes, I had to call our GP today. He was supposed to do his house call yesterday, I didn't have his number in my Handy, and then it was too late because his office was closed. He thought Peter was in a crank mode and refused to let him in. So I told him what the situation was. He was very disconcerted.

NOW I know why everyone says Pensioners never have any fucking time, and are usually stressed out.

0 Responses to "Gawwwd, I can't seem to get anything right at the moment...."