Hokay, had some fun this morning....

YESTERDAY, my friend Millie, the flower lady at the market said she would have to unload all the stuff this morning by herself. Now I have known Millie for nearly a decade. She is funny, we laugh till we can cry, she is exceptional, in other words. And she knows me inside out. She is always one year ahead of me, and we can talk about EVERYTHING.

So yesterday.... there was this tone in her voice about having to work alone today, and having to unload everything.

'This is the time EVERYT'HING gets planted, from outdoor balcony plants to things in your garden, and that is one hell of a lot of plants.

So I said, 'Know what?' Will come over and help you unload them.

So shortly before six a.m. I walked over out on the square, and said, 'Ok, tell me where to put them on the tables. There were over ten rollies five shelves high waiting to be unloaded, hey. 'Ok, where does This go?'

At first she didn't believe that I was serious.

Men and women, hey... they say things the opposite sex doesn't understand...

So I wasn't putting them up the way she wanted them.

Till I finally got piqued, and said, 'Millie, you know what? We aren't communicating here, so let me suggest this; if you want them horizontal, say horizontal. If you want them lateral, tell me lateral.'

It worked.

It took over an hour to get them all out onto the tables.

And I had to take the empty ones over to be stored in a sneakret place. And part of it was funny. 'Zieh es vierie.' Which is dialect for take it ahead. And she got confused,and said, do you understand that word.' And I said, 'Darlin', I know what vierie, umi, owe, aufe MEANS. I go FORWARD, in this case....' She fell apart laughing.

And after forty-five minutes.....

We had an ocean of beautiful flowers out on the square.

The rest of the farmers out there were Baff, confused. As if I gived a shit. They have this misconception that I am some elitist asshole who spends his money and helps support them by buying something to eat.

Millie knows me with all the acne on, and has always been there. So it was fun to surprise her this morning, and do something sensible for a change. And no, am not praising myself.

It was fun to just go out and do something for someone without calculation and and just help out.

And surprise a nice lady.

Oh yeah, she felt she had to DO something. I said, 'You have been so kind over so many years, I don't need anything.'

I freaked her out, in other words. So I had to concede to her buying me a small corfee. My couch critter always goes there. I tried it, don't drink corfee much any more, and WHOA! As my late step-mom used to say, 'That would put HAIR on your chest!'

Always wanted to be a bear, but more in the direction of albino.

So it was a fun morning, and I felt useful....

If that makes any sense....

0 Responses to "Hokay, had some fun this morning...."