What is it with the heat, hey???

I guess it fries your brain, or something, I don't know....

I got three calls from my former couch critter today. At seven in the morning. Early afternoon, and now in the evening.

He is worried about me. After having spent three months in my house, he knows me way too well. Knows all my moods, I know his, and get outta the way when he goes off for grouch, and angry, and he knows mine. And then gets me challenged for a word duel. It isn't arguing, it is about trying to make your point. And one or the other of us will make a concession, and give the point to the other... I didn't keep score, but I think we are about fifty-fifty at this point.

He gave me grief about breaking with a friend. He was angry. And doesn't understand it, and says I have to make it good again. He would wait around wanting to use my pc, and I would get a mail, and laugh... or not. He found out way too much. And being an arch-hetero, told me to make it good, and I hardly believe I can. Ever.

It all went too far.

He knows how devastated I feel

But he is very honest, at least....

To say I was completely taken aback is the understatement of the year....

But he didn't stop there, oh no... 'YOU are going to make this RIGHT again.'

me inside, (How????)

Well, I guess it turns out that something got to him. And starts THANKING me, and I am so nice, and opened up a world to him that he never knew existed. And have given him so much, not material, just a view into something else, and been a true friend. (We have to remember, he hates Americans, he hates gays, but he liked me.. from the beginning...)

'I LIKE you so MUCH!'..... he said...

And I thought, 'Whoa, whadda are you on?'

And then? I got to hear how I am ruining myself by looking after Peter. Just like... oh well.

And then he did a real number. Seemingly, he wants to save me or something.

It has to be the heat.

I'm not worth 'saving'....

Funny thing... I said, 'Well I like you too, but not in the biblical sense.'

And he said, 'Well, I'm religious, but I don't know the Bible all that well....'

So I explained. He fell apart laughing.

It is the heat, I tell you, the heat....

0 Responses to "What is it with the heat, hey???"