Another day in health care....

Have been feeling under the weather for weeks now, so I decided to get off my arse and do something about it, because it wasn't going away with a lot of sleeping.

Besides which, Hedwig the Angry had scheduled me for my quarterly inspection, regarding my inner high pressure which was so bad she scared me into taking my eye drops, which are anathema to me, with the promise I would go blind if I do not. So I got there with much tredipidation, because she drops my eyes to dilate my pupils, and then there's this machine with an ultra-blue light and she drives it right up to my eye-balls, measures the inner pressure and looks around to see what is going on in there.

I don't feel it, but I have a horror of anything in or on my eyes.

She was satisfied, because I was a good little patient, and did my hated eye drops.

Just an aside, but I believe she is part of the LGBT community. So am proud to be her patient. She is no-nonsense, but obviously good.

An excellent doctor, in any case. 'Do I have to continue with the drops?' OF COURSE...'

(sigh...)

She is no-nonsense.

Next stop. My GP. I have been putting this off for weeks. I esplained what was wrong. or thought was wrong. And he asked me to take off my shirt. He's heard my lungs from the back before, but I didn't have to take my shirt off. So when he saw the pierced nipple in front, his expression was priceless. And no, he didn't say anything.

So it was 'Scepethope Time', yay! Not. Breathe in, breathe out... blah blah.

I got an immediate appointment for a lung x-ray tomorrow morning.

And have to bring the X-Ray and the findings to my GP right after. Upon which he wants me to go in for an EEG, which is heart monitoring, and I think it is EKG there, not sure...

So again, single payer insurance.

And again.... you go in, whip out your insurance card, there is no fee, you might have to wait a bit, but not more than forty minutes, so bring a good book or read the magazines in the waiting room, and then you get called in to the inner sanctum, so to speak.

I refuse to understand why people there are so afraid of this. Or why they think it is somehow evil. We all get treated the same way, we can change doctors if we don't like them, we paid into the system all our working lives, and still pay out of what we get in pension money, so where is the hurt to anyone?

The hysteria doesn't make any sense to me.

0 Responses to "Another day in health care...."