Oh... we have another horriday today...

Maria's trip to heaven. Mariahimmelfahrt.

Now the word 'fahrt', means trip. ot travel, whichever you like.

But when you pronounce it, it can cause confusion, because the 'h' is silent.

And if you grew up english-speaking, it can be embarrassing.

It reminds me of something an old teacher told me on a train once, who could speak English very well. And after the war, she was on another train with an English soldier, and they got along famously. And then he had to get off the train, and she pipes up with 'I hope you have a good fart.' 'And he LOOKED at me. Of course I knew what I had said wrong, and was totally embarrased.' She said.

Language is treacherous, believe me.

So ok, Maria's fart to heaven. I hope she and her son ate enough beans beforehand. You need rocket sized ones to get the fuck up there....

This has been another episode in your daily silliness chapters.

And wasn't meant to offend or be mean...

Just saying.

0 Responses to "Oh... we have another horriday today..."