At the risk of sounding like Johnny-one-note....

NO ONE should have to deal with this sort of discrimination, or be punished for it. Link HERE.

I've seen Mr. Fehrenbach on a few tee-vee shows since his ordeal started, and this is not what you do to honourable veterans, and it disgusts me.

Earlier today I played the film 'MILK' for Peter, who hadn't seen it before. We have a rule that it gets shown in English, with German subtitles, to keep his mind alert. I haven't seen him so alert in a long while. Nor so sad, while watching it. He knew the story, everyone of my persuasion does. But it made him cry just the same.

Oddly, I did not. All I felt was anger. Harvey Milk just recently received the highest award the US has to give, posthumusly.

And forty years later, Victor Fehrenbach is being punished for being who he is. That is like putting a band-aid on a cut artery instead of a tourniquet.

It is time to stop this nonsense. WAY past time to stop punishing people for being an aspect of who they are.

And YES, it set me off the charts for indignance. It is fine to want to honour the dead, and give them 'a day of remembrance', like Ahnuld fucking Schwarzenegger is considering, but it would be far more constructive to honour the living, who have been utterly brave, and served their country with dignity than to throw them out ignonimously after so many years.

I think if Milk hadn't been assassinated, he would have been out their with his voice, even in his dotage, and spoken out about the injustice of DADT, and Fehrenbach, and Dan Choi, and all the other brave people who served their country and then got thrown under the bus.

0 Responses to "At the risk of sounding like Johnny-one-note...."