La Strada is back,,,, and HOW

Went to look at a wreck downtown... (smile)








Well, I had a very nice evening, must say, and that doesn't come up too often, does it....

I got to the 'iron gate' square and you see that red thing? It was where it was all gonna happen....





Families were gathering, and there were kids, and balloons. Sorry I caught this one at a bad second....








but as above, there were balloons...








And then the red thing that had been making lots of noise got uncovered, and it was a locomotive. A really, really, decrepit one that the engineers were trying to repair. There were short circuits, explosions, fog, and so on, but they kept playing brass music. It was delightful, loud, and very much fun.



The group is Zic Zazou, from France, and they did jazz that rocked the audience till they nearly freaked out, and there had to be about one thousand people there. Many people might not know that Graz is a bastion of jazz music in central Europe, btw... They know and appreciate what is really really good, and oh, were these people ever! I mean, I don't dance, sorry, but they had me bouncing on my feet, and grooving with the groove. That good.


All the while 'trying to fix the machine'. But they were using machine parts as instruments as well. It was mind-boggling.








And for the last quarter of the show, they got it going, and everyone followed them to the main square down the street.








It was one of the best shows I have ever seen in this series, and cheered me the hell up.








They ended with some pyrotechnics, and the crowd went into frenzied applause. (Sigh) I love La Strada. You never know what you are gonna get. I was just sorry that my friend Clemens wasn't in town, because he takes wonderful pictures, and it would have been fun to go to Pierre's afterward, and check out the live music.

But then, nothing is perfect, ya know?

0 Responses to "La Strada is back,,,, and HOW"