The weather feels toxic to me....

So have mostly stayed home, other than to wheel Peter to the supermarket, which is so badly air-conditioned that I get a wretching fit if I stay in there too long....

Have had to face facts today, and go see my doctor tomorrow. Which I have been putting off, and putting off... Because I have the sneakret suspicion that if I go, am gonna land in the hospital, and then what the hell is Peter gonna do? It won't be good, whatever it is...

On the other hand, getting sudden throw-up attacks in unlikely places isn't exactly fun.

Overheard on the bus yesterday: two elderly ladies talking about what ails them, and the one said, 'My daughter told me to see a doctor.' And the other, horrified, 'Oh, NO! You have to put that off to the last possible moment because they will FIND something!'

Now that is as austrian as apple pie is in Murka. I must have learned it through osmosis, I swear...

Which brings me to my blathering of the day. We have national health-care. And what I have been seeing on the net the past few days regarding the subject is just disgusting. Some people will do anything, anything at all for money. To have an organised disruption of Town Hall meetings paid for by big pharmacy and insurance companies there is absolutely disgusting.

Democracy is about the exchange of ideas, civil discourses, and mutual respect, and finding a middle ground to promote the general good for everyone. What I have been seeing, however, is beyond the bounds of what civilised nations do. Those with the most to lose have been rabble-rousing.

I can't express that in any other way, and there are so many crazy people, they just go with it. It would be as if I were to encourage W. in his paranoia, and then he would go out and kill someone.

And that is what the Faux News idiots are currently doing. There are others, but Faux is the worst going. And CNN right behind them.

I KNEW something horrible was gonna come up, but this ploy is really disgusting. And I hope that the majority of the public will understand where it is coming from, and find a way to shut the crazies up. Without violence.

I never thought Obama and co would have it easy. But the other side is really despicable at the moment, and their ploys are insidious.

People need to be heard, not shouted down.

0 Responses to "The weather feels toxic to me...."