Ok, I got my pictures, but not the way I thought I would...

Of course I went out in the hope that the rain would stop... No one on the street, hey... Only I am crazy enough to hope... your in resident pessimistic optimist, you know?









So I went to Pierre's out on the square. You can smoke there. This is very important to me. And there were screens with things from last year, and a little white sign that means 'smoke at your own risk'. I like that... Really....






So there were these guys smoking at the end of the bar, and seemingly they had to do with the live music coming up. Sometimes I am outrageous. I admit it, I am. I thought they were late hippies, or something.... So I walked up and explained to the guy why I wanted his picture, as he was smoking, and he was really cool with it.




And then he went over and tuned up his mandolin, and I felt foolish.










And then they played Tunesian music, but really the good stuff. Have heard enough in the hood to discern good from bad....







And they just rocked, but I got tired...
And then I went home, but it wasn't a waste of time....

And have to thank whomever it was for smoking so blatantly into the camera after I explained what I wanted. I didn't know he was Tunesian. I thought he was a hippie who never got out of the 60's, hey. I can sypmpathise with the Colbert constructed character. He says' 'I don't see race', which is foolish. But on another plane... He was just a guy who looked cool, I told him what I wanted to do to piss off the Amis, and he was delighted to do it.

Turned out he was an artist.

0 Responses to "Ok, I got my pictures, but not the way I thought I would..."