oh.... have been busy....

Bills, bills, and wondering how to pay them. And yeah, I know, we all get them.

Unexpected ones, I mean.... we all know what our running costs are.... Butcha hardly think you have a toe-hold, and WHAM, and there ya go....

So I did my ostrich number yesterday.... caught up on some old CBS '48 Hours/Mystery' episodes I hadn't seen, mostly. Man, I wouldn't want to live Stateside, oooo... Lurv and greed and murder... I can't even remember when we had anything like that here. The last big one was in the 70's before I arrived, some couple who ran a dance school, but it was such an anomaly, no one bothered, or wanted, to talk about it. It was all oblique.

Whatever, I thought my thoughts, and then got to working on a document, and tried to sleep a lot.

Mondays are always a yawn on the Internets. I caught '60 Minutes', which can often be interesting, but only partly. And then, forced myself to see 'Press the Meat', where the bloviators spout their memes, and it was boring.... saw an amazing report from the esteemed reporter Richard Engel which was on Dateline some weeks ago about an event in Afghanistan and left me spitless, worked on my document a bit more, and napped.

So... needed cigarettes before the stores close, and Mensch, Meier! It's like a Scirocco blowing out there, very hot, very dry. Blows the sweat right off you as soon as it comes up, hey!

It's been extremely windy this year, which has been unsusual.

Oh yeah, there was a report on NBC about how maybe dispersants aren't such a good thing.... what have I been yelling about? But I'm just stoopid, of course.... sheesh.

No, will not get started.

It's too hawt, and no one will listen anyway...

Peter has me off the charts for worry, (but, yeah, I know, when didn't he?). Only this time there is just cause... His breathing is so off, he sounds like Charlie the Choo-choo. A steam engine with too little coal to fire him up. I will have to go down there Wednesday, and put some people's feet to the fire, the whole thing is worrying, and this time I am not thinking it is something he can fake.

Tomorrow is going to get my quarterly hair-cut next door, as I look like der Wetter-Hexer, 'storm witch', and get my bank things done. I don't even like going out the door, looking as I do.

And Wednesday, I have to get fired up, and go to Gamlitz.

That isn't my favourite thing to do right now, but it will have to be. My friends have all gone on vacation to Amsterdam, Vienna, and St. Petersburg and Moscow... I just get the square, and it is usually combined with things I never wanted to know.

Just hope the wind stops.....

0 Responses to "oh.... have been busy...."