And in other news...

Goldman Sachs and Wall Street get swine flu vaccine, and 'normal' people are still scrambling.

Via the Today Show this morning....

I am of two minds about the whole thing.

It sounds so sensible... my grandmother had a rare form of turburculosis. So we got innoculated. And didn't catch it.

So far so good.

But in the 90's, they cooked up a bad batch, and people died of Guillame Barre syndrome.. which is where you go paralysed from your feet till it reaches your lungs and you basically drown. Now THAT was something to want to achieve....

Meanwhile, I had flu shots twice... and promptly came down with flus that were the worst I have experienced. So I refuse to do that again.

It is not 'wingnuttia', but if you do something twice and get bad results, better to leave it or you are sorta kinda stupid.

And this whole swine flu scare... well, there was SARS recently...

I was still working, and the hysteria had reached peaked, and one evening, everyone who checked into the hotel I worked in was from the affected region. And the medjia here as well was going full blast about it.

And yes, it made me feel 'uncomfortable'. Just like when AIDS came on the scene, and no one knew how it was transmitted, and people would check in from New York or San Francisco, and being friendly, want to shake your hand, or cough in front of you.... It was creepy...

The hysteria in the media is so negative, you could barf. The fact is, if there is a flu epidemic, people die. Peter is going ON about me, not getting innoculated.

Uh-uh.... And always beginning with 'they' SAY... uh-huh...

Meanwhile, the swine flu is here, and an 11 year old girl died of it.

It was a headline... 'this is how she died'.

I was disgusted.

Either I get it, or I don't. I spend a part of the day going back and forth on the bus from my place to his, people cough constantly, you grab a bar at the exit door where someone else just held onto with sweaty palms.... And that should make me hysterical, or something.

You get it or you do not.

Fate.

All I can imagine is that there is a mess of scare-mongering out there right now, and it isn't 'seemly'.

0 Responses to "And in other news..."