Today is stay-in day....

Mensch, I haven't seen a fog like we have today in decades. You can hardly see half a block.

And yeah, it used to be thicker when everyone was heating with 'so-called' clean coal, and the stench was biting in the Seventies. And I would cruise in the city park on my way home from work, and you could hardly see anything at all, and it was lit by gas lamps. And someone would come at you, and just appear out of the fog, and then would disappear as quickly, and all you heard were footsteps. It was sort of cool.

And I would think.... 'why do I feel like Doris Day in Midnight Lace?'

Which means, of course, that I have regained some sense of humour at the moment....

Although I still don't actually feel well...

So I decided to nap out. It seems I can't do high drama and be energised for days on end any more. Bad sign.

I wanted to call my father before he gets shunted off somewhere, but it is Sunday. Which means 'the unspeakable creature from 'Lake Massabesic' is in his room. I don't need a second round of insults, thenk you....

And in other news... health care reform passed another hurdle, and they get to debate and ammend in the Senate.

I really liked Blanche Lincoln of Arkansas being so rattled, because she is just another 'tool'. She reminded me of someone---

On a frivolous note.... I get my dvd of the last Harry Potter film in the next day or so. Peter is so looking forward to it. I wasn't able to take him to the cinema this past summer, because the films are long, and his bladder is so iffy, he'd have ended up sitting in a puddle.

Now, I know, I KNOW... some people think it all silly. But in the end, it IS about tolerance. The Amazon reviews were only so-so. But am interested in seeing how they wrap up the series. Only two more to go, because they split the last, very long book into two films.

Yup, frivolous.

As to Peter... well, he finally, FINALLY knows he has to go to hospital because he will die otherwise. And he wants to see the film 'Loose Change' on YouTube on the internets. They have a German version. It's about 9/11, and sort of chilling.

And well worth the ninety minutes... what I liked about it is that they brought up footage that was broadcast, but ultimately went under the radar. And brings up some very disturbing facts and questions.

So you see? You can reach an age where you sort of look ahead, and that which you wish for is in small increments, and then you go on to the next thing.

Life is fucking crazy.

0 Responses to "Today is stay-in day...."