Should I be relieved or worried?

Today was the final court proceeding against the couch critter, W.

He had been accused of beating up on a former 'girlfriend'. As I have stated before... I didn't believe it for one second. The court found him innocent.

And the reason? Is unsettling. The ultimate one concerned his cell phone. And the court was able to discern that at the time of the 'crime', he was way outside of where she was living, on a street heading even further away from where she lived.

So obviously he couldn't have been there....

Now, the court had asked to look at the records of his cell phone, and he had assumed it was about whom he had called, and when. But cell phones constantly send out radar signals to the nearest tower, it is sort of like radar, or something. And they were able to track his movements at the time of where he was, where he was moving to from one tower to another with a precision that is breath-taking.

I am glad that he had to give his permission for the court to look into where he was at the time of the purported 'crime'. But it is something out of Orwell for me, on the other hand. Everyone runs around with their 'handys' (cell phones) talking up a storm, and it is convenient, to be sure, although I find them a plague the likes of which I have never seen...

But there is a down-side to anything... It means you can not do anything or go anywhere where you won't be watched, somehow. As long as you have a good government, that is ok, but if things were different? As above, he had to consent to them looking into it. Which is good. But the potential for misuse is sorta-kinda frightening.

My cell phone died last week. Am sure I am not going to get another. I don't need Big Brother.

0 Responses to "Should I be relieved or worried?"