Just an odd thought...

A year or so ago... I was in a round of people high on beer...

And met a lesbian.

And she was a matchmaker. oh BOY, she was a matchmaker...

So she dragged me across town to a gay bar of which the proprietor was a man transforming into a woman.

Well, I had a problem with that plan. I seem to prefer men, even if they are assholes, for the most part.

I have trouble dealing with men who feel they are women. I just do. I have my flaws... Some things I have trouble understanding, you know?

My companion was completly certain that I was just repressing feelings, and then went into this, 'you hate them' mode. Which made me very angry. And to prove that I wasn't what she was depicting me, I kissed the 'lady'. Sensuasly, long, and then turned around and said... 'it doesn't DO anything for me but I am not afraid of them.'

It was so fucked up...

And 'Marion', who owns the bar said, 'you may come back.'

There is a bill coming up over there regarding transgendered people, that they do not get discriminated against.

It is called ENDA.

It deserves support.

And I am only telling this because I KNOW. When I was young, about a thousand years ago, I supervised what one would only call 'Golden Boy'. He was so beautiful you could melt. Athletic, perfect. And in a perfect fairy tale, he married a co-worker, and it was beautiful.

But there was a hitch. He disappeared for two days and I found him back stage in a former dressing room. He wouldn't say what was wrong.

It disturbed me muchly.

A few years later, I learned that he had become a woman.

That was such a mind-fuck, it took me a long time to even grasp the fact.

And yes, there was a messy divorce, but there weren't any children at least to bear the brunt of that...

It has taken me AGES to face the issue that some people feel wrong in their bodies, and do extreme things to change themselves into what they feel they are. But they deserve respect, and go way beyond what everyone expects.

And that is the point where we have to ask ourselves wheher we are truly liberal. Even within a minority, people get closed out, and that is not right at all.

I think I passed my inner barrier when I kissed 'Marion'. She smelled very nice. But I do not think that she could ever be a significant part of my life. We all choose our own ways.

So.... in summing up... we all have our little barriers. But keeping people out of what is humanity is something inhumane.

So support ENDA. Kristy, who used to be Paul, and an amazing person, would thank you for it. And yes, we have to get over our predjudices, whoever we are.

2 Responses to "Just an odd thought..."

Terrible says
8 November 2009 at 21:52

You should have asked her if she'd date a women who had become a man. Can they even do that? But you get my point. I guess it is a complicated issue but I think I understand it to some extent at least. Gay and transgender aren't the same thing or we wouldn't need different terms for them.

RenB says
8 November 2009 at 22:49

No, Terrible, we wouldn't have to put things into categories.

As I stated, it is difficult for me, as a gay man, and my fucking upbringing to begin to understand that some people just feel they are another gender.

On the other hand, it was very VERY difficult for me to accept that I am a person who doesn't fit in with the majority of people in the world who ar attracted to the opposite sex, as you are taught.

Coming out is a very long process.

Accepting others is difficult, and that is a false way of thinking.

Sometimes you live with so much fear, it can paralyse your brain.

And can make you an asshole.