Am about to rid myself of a disturbing image....

Because I KNOW someone who is going to need it. Peter fell in love with it in Venice, and said, that is JUST how he feels. It is small, brilliantly done, and the artist is famous for cd covers, the art on them. We also had a large poster of it in the stairway at our house. I used to collect all sorts whenever we were in Venice, just to irk the neighbors with art, and was greatly disappointed when they were upset that I took them all down when we moved out.

Next to the poppy painting Peter so loved, this was 'how he felt', living with his illness. Jumping across a chasm, and so trying to gain ground on the other side.

He gave it to me when he couldn't look at it any more and sort of gave up. But I know someone who fell in love with the poster and has the same reaction to it... that's how he feels every day. So I wish to give it to him in order to give him the encouragement he needs, he is a very valuable person.

I never HAD that sort of relationship to it. Too fatalistic. 'You're gonna FALL, you idjit...'

Yes, it's about striving and acheiving the impossible. And I think it is a wonderful image....

But y'know what I saw? I imagined a river at the bottom of the chasm, and myself there, fighting crocodiles, water moccasins and piranas.

That is what is so 'cool' about 'art'. People's perceptions can be so divergent. (shaking fist now, WHERE the HELL ARE you Bernhard so that I can talk about this with you 'out on the Square??? Miss you...)

This 'thing' has been staring at me for years out of a glass bookcase, accusingly.

So now that I know a worthy successor who has the same feeling about it.... will pass it forward. As long as it helps, no damage, no foul, as they say.

And now that I've bored everyone to death... we all have our way of dealing with perceptions.

0 Responses to "Am about to rid myself of a disturbing image...."