Gamlitz

Hadn't been in two weeks as I wasn't feeling all too chipper myself.

Got there to find Peter on an oxygen respirator. Y'know, where you get a clear tube stuck in your nose, and the bottle bubbles and blows air into you. He was lucid enough... and not so much in his 'zone' where he goes into rages.... Except for one or two short slips which were tolerable enough...

I had a few moments which were uncomfortable with one of the administration people, but I guess that can be fixed.... (Leave him alone for two weeks, and I get there, and it's always 'Do you have a moment?' which makes my heart sink....)

My favorite nurse, Ksenia found me out on the terrace during a smoke break. She is lovely. I always say, you see it in the eyes, and hers are warm, and caring, friendly, and you know there is a good soul in there.

She considers me 'next of kin', so she gave me a detailed update, and let me know they are doing the best they can, and have to have 'intensive' talks with him, because he doesn't want his meds, so his sugar is way down, where it used to be up, which led to him getting water in his lungs, which makes his heart work harder, and he is being the stubborn arse which he can be when he thinks he knows everything better than they do. I used to give him a hard punch to the shoulder when he got that way, but of course they can not and would not do that, although I am sure they are often tempted to.

I admire their restraint.

I have the feeling he is giving up.

Around 2 p.m. an orderly came in with his daily corfee with milk, and asked me if I would like one as well for the very first time. I said, 'Yes, thank you.' And she asked, 'Milk, sugar?' And I said 'Black please...' And she was not fully out the door and heard me add, 'Like my soul'. And she said, 'I HEARD that...' I think it cracked her up. A bit later, she brought me a mug, and said, 'Here you go, black, like your soul, and those are YOUR words, not mine.' Which cracked ME up.

Why is it that women named Elke can be so nice, huh?

Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz from Monday had me roaring angry watching this morning. They were stellar. The Rethugs are going to beggar states, just so they can bring Obama down, and some of the examples were astounding. Turning off street lights, no longer asphalting roads, and turning them into gravel ones, firing teachers, crippling fire departments.... wtf do they think that is going to help, hey? Turn 'Murka into a third-world country? Riiiiggghhht. Way to go.

John (Orange man) Bonehead really showed it all on Press the Meat Sunday. Only saw excerpts, but they were enough. I hope that clown loses his seat.

So, If I have been 'light' below, and going on about Soaps, and so on.... sometimes you need a little break, you know? Just something entertaining and basically absurd. Because reality is sometimes hard to take, and somtimes you need a breather. And I think the 'Venerable' gets a kick on my take on some of the wild things he watches, so it is nice.

It's just a breather, so as not to go fully depri and nuts....

0 Responses to "Gamlitz"