Fishing??????

After yesterday's horror trip... was up half the night, worrying.... So I napped from the late morning into the afternoon, and dreamed about fishing. It was a very nice dream, actually, but I can't figure it out. We're land-locked here.

I never really fished much. As a kid, I found fishing on a stream or the edge of a lake boring. NH has that in abundance. I couldn't find the inner Zen. It got better when I got a bit older. I liked being out on a row-boat on a lake with the Venerable, me rowing. My brother was way more into his mode, I needed something active. The Venerable taught me a lot about it.....

But he never ate any. However he DID teach me how to cut and clean the ones that got caught, and I would be very happy when he came home with a catch. I would clean and freeze them.

And when my Mom would announce she was doing 'creamed chipped beef on toast', or anything with a white sauce, I went to the freezer, and got out a fish. Long story. Both revolt me and I throw up. So we had a truce after the first time when she forced me to eat it, and I immediately tossed my cookies.

So I would get out a pan, and filet and fry one of his fish.

One of the most wonderful days I have ever spent was going on a group charter boat for high-sea fishing. If I remember correctly, the cost was five dollars for half a day, and you could keep what you caught. You got a bucket and fishing line, and some bait, and were out on the sea, miles from shore, and they had sonar, and halted if they found a school and you fished. I think it was just the camaderie, and the fun, more than anything.

I caught half a bucket, fancy that. And on the way back, cleaned them, and couldn't wait to freeze them later.

So I was dreaming that I was on an incredibly blue sea, on a fishing boat, and everything was beautiful.

That defies everything that you might define as 'odd'.

And I can't figure out where it came from... other than looking out the train window a few days ago and seeing people fishing at a confluence where a brook meets the river, looking complacent...

Who knows?

But it was a nice dream, not the usual horror things I usually experience.....

Go figure.

0 Responses to "Fishing??????"