Oh my goodness....

Getting back on the intertubes was sort of interesting, but was irritated. Rachel had a replacement since Monday. As much as I like Chris Hays, aka 'lambchop' (her terminology, not mine...) I thought, 'Wow, they are getting European and getting four-week paid vacations, or something.'

The 'troof' was, she wasn't even in 'Murka. Under greatest sneakracy, she's been in Baghdad since the weekend to exclusively cover the last fighting troops leaving Iraq. That HAS to be one of the best scoops in reporting that I have seen in a long time.

As per usual, yesterday's show went over the top for incisive, interesting reporting. She looked a bit 'peak-ed', as we say in NH. The heat, and broadcasting live at three a.m. local time, but was a sight to behold, and she had much to say about 'the problem', it freaked me. She is nothing if not thorough.

She even apologised to Olberman, they work on the same floor at 30 Rock, because no one, NO one, knew where she was. If that isn't a career-booster, I can't imagine what would top it. Good for her. And it wouldn't be Rachel if she didn't have some critical things to say, if one listens carefully...

She should get an Emmy, as well as her team. Fantastic job, hey. And a brass ovary award for guts. As well as her team, who make it possible, of course. And I thought her going to Afghanistan some weeks ago was top reporting..... and wondered how she was going to top that...

Whelp, now I know.

If you aren't on cable, you can still see it per internet. I would never miss one of her broadcasts.

That is what the oppositon to 'net neutrality' does, and Google and Verizon need to just back off.

On the Soap front, am still sort of undecided. The Venerable's preferred poison is 'na ja...' 'SO-so la-la' as we say. No one 'hawt' to look at, and a bit tame. Mine is about to reach a climax, so that isn't fair... I have been waiting for MONTHS to see their psycopath get his arse kicked into jail. And STILL can't figure out what the motive is.

Oh. My. Gawd. 'The Preacher' across the way is trying to sing again. Trying. He can not carry a tune to save his life. He is an hour early. He sings at 7 a.m. for fifteen minutes, and at 7 in the evening. Maybe he went onto normal time before daylight savings time ends. I could get more pleasure out of grating cheese. It would probably sound the same... I would forgive him if he would sing 'Precious Hands'.... I sort of like that one, and even HE can't fully ruin it. I 'think' it is a Baptist hymn. I 'think'.... can't really know....

Whelp, just another day in the life, as they say.

Nothing exciting, and aren't I lucky, hey....

Called Peter this morning, and he was being bathed, they said, so I called later. I asked him how THAT was, and he said, 'They came at me from all sides....' Uh-huh... That sort of tickled my imagination....

'Were they dressed like Geishas?' I asked. 'Did they have kimonos on, and funny wigs, and powder themselves with flour to look white?' That brought on a near choking fit.

But he was laughing as well, and it was a small spark of what 'used to be'.

'Da V' got the connex. He had a similar experience, but he enjoyed it. What was that from the Sixties? Differnet strokes for different folks. I should open my mouf, hey.....

The fire dept across the way and ambulances seem to be very active today. I just keep hearing sirens. I'm gonna make sure all my snigarettes are out and then go to sleep. What else can you expect? And oh yes.... Peter keeps going ON about how hot it is, and hard to breathe. This is the coolest August we have EVER had that I can remember. July was a hard row to hoe. So I said, 'It's NOT hot, it is cool for this time of year. You have a case of burning up inside.'

It's just daily stuff....

0 Responses to "Oh my goodness...."