Am sort of maxed out on emotion today, just feel deadened...

Spent the morning going through 'the motions', waiting to be able to call the hospital...

Mornings aren't good, they shunt patients around, doing tests, so that isn't a good time.

I just got through this p.m. Having to use the L word again... he is so weak, and seemed lucid... but in the end, he didn't know where he WAS. I explained he was in Wagna, he didn't believe me. I said, 'look, the home in Gamlitz called me last night and said you were taken to Wagna, so I called there and spoke with your doctor. And I just called the hospital in Wagna right now, and got connected to you, so, my dear, you ARE in Wagna, ok?'

That made him a bit testy... 'I'm not a CHILD!' 'No, but you were very close to leaving without saying goodbye, hey...... you get rest. I will be coming down there on Friday.'

Because the phone rang this morning... My phone NEVER rings unless it is bad news or people wanting to sell me lottery tickets. Or hospitals, or doctors, which we can put in the bad news category.... So I was sort of queasy, picking it up, thinking, 'Oh, what NOW, for cripes sake?'

It was Dorle. She offered me a free ride to Wagna and back on Friday, and will accept. We had a VERY long talk. There are many things we have in common, and I would never get into them openly.

So I will accept.

Some things get you revved up, then drained emotionally, because you didn't have time to re-charge any batteries, you know?

At least he is half-way cogent, and that is good... they did have him on oxygen all morning, must have worked something good, don't know....

0 Responses to "Am sort of maxed out on emotion today, just feel deadened..."