Oh, just send me off the charts for 'Indignant', hey...

I just had to re-start Peter's pc, and the first thing that comes up in Yahoo news is in German.

And to my AMAZEMENT, I saw that the president of France is deporting Roma to Bulgaria and Rumania. The Roma and the Sintis are what one calls 'gypsies', which is derogatory. This 'guy' is being 'popular', and painting them as criminal for who they are.

It's a political ploy. Both are in the EU, so they can move back whenever they like. I find it disgusting to use a minority for political gain, but doesn't everyone DO that.

In my professional life, I have dealt with both Roma and Sinti. One family in particular. They have a matriarchy. And if Mamma F laid down the law, it was iron, and not to be even thought of, breaking her rule, hey.

They were decent, nice, and interesting, and they have some big predjudices to conquer which still abound. They were honest, hard-working, and very emotional at times, which is understandable.

WHERE does Sarkösi, that half-hungarian wanna-be Frenchman get OFF, pulling a stunt like that? We are talking about PEOPLE here. YES, there are diffences in how they lead their lives, and how we lead ours. But they adapt to where they are, and can 'play the game' better than anyone. They have to, to survive.

To use a minority as pawns for political gain... just disgusts me.

I was so upset I called Peter, and it set him off. He cried. He remembers Mamma F as well, and it really wasn't the time to do that, but I was 'off the charts' for anger. I asked him if had been on the news yet, he said no.

Diabolical.... it's gotten me so upset, I wanna puke.

0 Responses to "Oh, just send me off the charts for 'Indignant', hey..."