There are days....

You shouldn't call your significant other if he or she is in a nursing home.

If you wish for heart-stopping excitement if you are getting older yourself, you can try it, but I wouldn't reccomend it as getting an adrenalin rush, and going 'WHEE!' running nekked through the corridors.... in your head...

He cut me off in the middle of a talk, and I couldn't get a signal other than 'busy'.

As he hadn't picked up the first time, I landed in the office, and she sent two nurses there to wake him up, as he is getting deaf.... He sounded more awful than the last time I saw him, could hardly breathe.

Then he fumbled it, connection broken, and just a busy signal for half an hour.

I didn't really have a REASON to call at that time, we have fixed hours about when and how to call, but The Venerable sent me something I thought would be interesting to impart, and was afraid I would maybe, possibly forget it.

No big deal, in other words. On Aug 27th, Mars will be at the closest distance from Earth, so it will look like we have two moons, which happens every 2200 years or so, and will be at a time he is usually up and about.

He found it interesting, he does like Geek things, like me, so it was spur of the moment, 'Oh, wait till he hears this, and we can speculate on whether THAT is when the Hollywood UFOS come out and attack.'

But I didn't get that far, we got disconnected, and when I got through again, supper was being served. Krainer sausage with a roll and mustard, and horseradish, a local specialty. I bought one recently at the farmer's market. It took me two days to devour it. (They aren't large...)

I have no appetite for anything any more.

Whatever, false alarm, he's failing, I don't feel so hot most days either, so... it's just life....

0 Responses to "There are days...."