Being in the dark....

Huge thunderstorm going on outside. Thor, the God of Thunder is raising hell.... so it's fairly dark, and raining like hell unleashed.

But that isn't the only way to be 'in the dark'. Unfortunately.

I got woken to learn that Peter is being shunted back to Graz today for more tests, and clearing up his co-pay problem for his meds. After a sleep involving a mess of nightmares. (man, I really have to get my prescription re-filled.... at least those pills make me dream absolutely crazy things....)

Add to that, getting a mail from the Venerable with the subject line, 'Nookie'... well, I nearly lost it for hilarity. Turned out he went someplace and got a 'kitchen nook'. Uh-huh... o-kaaaay... It was funny, got past it....

They have an exercise room in his project, so he went over there and tried to impress some widows and overdid it. This is what comes of watching Soaps and seeing buffed-out actors on the tee-vee, I guess. (Who was he trying to BE? EJ on Days of Our Lives??? He is a villain, by the way. Everyone loves bad guys and want to emulate them.... Mad, bad, and dangerous to know. I should know... I wanted to be a 'hood' in the Fifties, with a gelled duck-tail haircut, attitoode, and a cigarette hanging out of disdaining lips. Unfortunately, only the cigarettes remained, and we all know how much good THAT did....)

That man... I say... that man... is gonna give me a heart attack one of these days. He's just on a linear line with one thing on his mind. Like the road between Fort Worth and Dallas... no curves, eye on the ball, hey....

Cripes. Men... (shaking head in despair...)

Hokay... now that I got my tongue out of my cheek, the above was mostly in fun. It's my last-defense mechanism when everything else is dark, and I am not sure where to turn. Take it with a grain of salt, hey.

I am on tenterhooks, which makes me nervous, and when I get nervous, I get absurd, but it is better than running around screaming through the streets and feeling impotent, not being ABLE to do anything constructive to help. Which is when 'the silly' kicks in. There are worse things. Like getting violent, for instance.

I HATE not knowing. And am certain that I won't get the full story when he DOES call.

My inner Gollum is asleep right now, but I may have to wake him up.

0 Responses to "Being in the dark...."