The Mormons eated our rights....

to paraphrase Atrios.....

So Proposition 8 won in CA. What a contradiction in terms, hey. America voted for a president who is kinda-sorta brown, but they gave gay people the shaft. Talk about mixed signals from the Murkin' people.

I haven't sounded off on this subject, because it wasn't all that important to me.

'Marriage'? Give me a break. Civil unions to be recognised? Maybe. I respect people's wishes to be recognised under the law and have the same rights and responsibilities as every one else has, as a matter of course.

But on the same note, I would wish that people who live together for over seven years get the same advantages as married couples do, no matter what the constellation of their union. And that includes normal het arrangements.

We alll enter into relationships, and the least of them are really good. We all stumble and fall, sometimes. But we do it.

Life is an adventure, after all....

I've been made to feel that denigration all of my life, even when it was an unconcious predjudice. And am so grateful I live where I do. And feel very disappointed that Proposition 8 in CA passed.

Hate is still very alive, and well and living in 'Murika.

But without me......

Maja Angelou said, 'Oh, we've grown up'. Well there is a long way to go.

0 Responses to "The Mormons eated our rights...."