Ok, now I can be thankful

I just saw two youtube vids of what the Obamas are doing. Sure it's a video op, photo op, etc.

But it wasn't hoked up.

Whatever, after going out and giving the poor food to eat for Thanksgiving, seemingly there was a school across the way, and he did a spontaneous visit to grade schoolers. He was so loose and relaxed with them, it was moving to watch.

I guess I have a thin skin nowadays, because tears just kept running silently down my cheeks. How wonderful.

So yes. I want to see the shit go away where my step-sister got called on the carpet at school and had to hear 'I don't know how to react to you, because sometimes you act like a white person, and sometimes like a Black'.

And after all the regimes of the last decades, the audacity, the courage to go out in front of thousands of people is overwhelming to me.

I never thought I would see that again. EVER.

So am thankful.

Can we get back to normal now?

0 Responses to "Ok, now I can be thankful"