Some days... are irritating....

Have barely made myself familiar with my new pc.... and WHAAAA???

Everything STOPS in the middle of a download, and then the bloody cell phone goes off... Where I get to hear that my phone isn't working, and I thought, 'Bullshit!'

So I pick up the receiver, and there's a dial tone, and said, 'Hey, Alzheimer's is just waiting around the corner, my friend. I have a live connection.' So I wanted to call back to prove he mis-dialled, and... oops. Nada. And the lights in the modem were all wrong. (Yeah, my bed-sitter looks like a fucking airport.... green and red lights all over the place.)

So you know, I did all the geek things.... My modem is a double thing that lets me make a phone call and use the internets at the same time. An ungainly sort of thing.... but ok and functuonal. So you turn it off and wait a few minutes and then turn it on so that it can re-initiate. Nada. Tried again. Absolutely nothing. Then I took out all the USB plugs, and cleaned them, and put them back in where they should go. No.

And thought, ok, it's probably kaputt. Great. Two weeks of going through customer non-service till I get a new one and no internets. I was pissed off. Tried it one last time, juice off, juice on, and it just sat there winking at me like Sarah Palin at a rally.

And I thought, 'Why NOW, with so many other things pending? Gawwwwd.'

So I was doing other things with the pc, and really in a funk, when.... the bloody phone rang. Turns out to have been the post office and the telecom lines. They were off for over two hours.

Just when you think you're a blithering idiot and did something WRONG, and wrecked your computer, turns out it was totally something beyond your control. The pitiful thing is that you always end up blaming yourself before considering that the problem may be somewhere else, and not yours at all....

0 Responses to "Some days... are irritating...."