Everyone needs just a moment in a week....

to call a time out.... and divert themselves from all their cares....

I think I am beginning to 'get' this now... Therefore... Saturday afternoons I look at one story line on 'One Life To Live'. On YouTube...

If your life is a it bleak... soap operas can be uplifting.... because no one in the whole world can have a worse life. Trials and tribulations, and two people get together, and BANG! it goes catastrophic.

OLTL... is like a friggin' nuclear bomb.

It 'used' to be.... two people would be 'happy' for six months, and then catastrophe strikes... Not so with this one....

I never know from one week to the next what the hell fuck disaster is going to descend upon them.


I know, I know, it is so trivial, all in all.... I LIKE that the themes are so over the top and edgy... And never really tasteless. That is nice... And never strained, or was proselytising....

Somebody called up the last post I did about the show with a video clip....

From India. Bombay, to be exact....

Now that was a 'trip'....

And yeah... I have 'slept with', or had consensual sex with people from there. And Africa, and Peru, and half the world, including North Korea, (Hillary, just fucking faint)...

It didn't MATTER.

People were people, and they turned you on, or they didn't.

So easy as that.

It 'seems' that there are a mess of people who want to restrict such wanton behaviour...

And when I was young.... I was a slut. Happy to have been one, looking back...

What being a 'slut' taught me.... was that people are just people, some of them can make you very happy, some of them can hurt you... it was a lottery where mostly you win.

So when I check in on One Life To Live....

It reminds me of good things, and Lord knows.... at the moment, I don't have many of those moments....

0 Responses to "Everyone needs just a moment in a week...."