I received this today....

Now I KNOW I can go ON about 'The Sound of Music' It was a traumatic experience throughout my life... In some ways...

That film was like stepping on super-bubble-gum and nothing would remove it from your shoe-sole, or shoe soul... Especially if you lived in Salzburg for a year... And don't get me wrong, I love Julie Andrews. I do. So a couple of days ago, she was in New Yawk, and did a concert in Radio City Music Hall. (Have been there too... I hope the Rockettes had the day off...)

One of my dearest cousins forwarded this, and I want it on my blog.

It had me on my ass laughing. Nothing is nicer than being able to laugh at yourself.... believe me.

Julie Andrews
Turns 69:




To commemorate her birthday , actress/vocalist, Julie Andrews made a special appearance at Manhattan's Radio City Music Hall for the benefit of the AARP.

One of the musical numbers she performed was 'My Favorite Things' from the legendary movie 'Sound Of Music'. Here are the lyrics she used:


(Sing It!)

- If you sing it, it's especially hysterical!!!


Big Breath and….

Botox and
nose drops and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and
new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in
string,
These are a few of my favorite
things
.



Cadillacs and
cataracts, hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixodent and
false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with
swings,
These are a few of my favorite
things.



When the
pipes leak, When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad,

I simply
remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel
so bad.



Hot tea and
crumpets and corn pads for bunion s,
No spicy hot food or food
cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals
they bring,
These are a few of my
favorite things
.



Back pain,
confused brains and no chance of sinnin',
Thin bones and
fractures and hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention
our short shrunken frames,
When we remember
our favorite things.



When the
joints ache, When the hips
break,
When the eyes grow
dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had,
And then I don't feel so bad.


> >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > >
>> >


(Ms. Andrews
received a standing ovation from the crowd
that lasted over four
minutes and repeated encores.

0 Responses to "I received this today...."