I am so relieved....

'The Venerable' (aka my father) came home today, and immediately mailed.

I 'think' he is still 'in transit'. Before getting a new place, where everything is on one floor, and good for anyone handicapped. I won't really be at ease till I know that happens, and have nightmares about those friggin' stairs he has to use to get to the WC.

I keep imagining it will be like something Peter has. I would hope so... light and airy, and easy to get around in.

And to think I was so angry this afternoon... Oh yes, I certainly was. Had a very trying morning, was finally home and it was snowing up a storm. We all know how much I 'love' that....

And I put my key into the lock in the door to the square, turned it.... and it broke, leaving the shaft in the lock.

Which meant going three blocks to enter my house 'the back way'. And I had thought, 'oh yeah, THIS is NOT gonna be a good year...'

Well, Preciousses, it usually comes down to perspective in the end, I guess...

About two hours later... I had MAIL. Just a couple of lines. But it was good to know that 'The Venerable' is back in his own space, and ok.

What could be better than that?

A matter of perspective, see?

Sometimes I think we get blinded by little irritating things in our lives, and can miss what is most valuable.

Oh, that sounds so trite and superficial.... but I do think it is true...

0 Responses to "I am so relieved...."