Some days... I feel like a BD victim....

You got your hands tied, are immoveable, and have to watch terrible things happen without being able to do anything about it....

This is an update and correction on the original title.
You watch in horror as terrible events unfold, and can't do anything about it.

The last time was watching the events and aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. That HAD to be the most horrific thing I have ever witnessed, even though I was thousands of miles away, and I wanted to help in whatever way I could... and the response was so coldly cynical, it left me spitless. And I was out BEGGING people to send what they could, if it were only five or ten dollars. Nada.

Haiti is worse. I haven't a nickle to my name at the moment... but have donated ten measly dollars to UNICEF which will be reckoned up next month, and will have a bit in the bank...

But just imagine... If everyone donated five or ten dollars to help those people, it would make a significant difference....

Just as it would have in New Orleans, but people didn't CARE. Esp. the then-presidink.

I have some huge issues with President Obama, and they are on this blog. But his reaction to this catastrophe is spot on, and correct.....

But I also get a Pepto-Bismol reaction, when I compare the reactions then, and now, in a land 700 miles away from the so-called-fucking-homeland. (Which so reeks of Nazi, it makes me physically ill... btw.)

And then to have the worst of the worst arseholes come out, and spew their racist hate in the face of what is being shown.... defies anything I would ever think of being 'Christian'. But we saw that during and after Katrina as well. Anything to advance their cause.

I could throw up.

If anyone has anything to donate.... the Rachel Maddow show has links where you can easily do that. I would choose UNICEF. Children are always the worst hurt by catastrophes like this.

But go look....

Update: I have been trying to change the title here, after a friend of mine pointed out that BD is CONSENSUAL. I broke a big rule of writing.... 'write what you KNOW about'. The analogy was totally inapt for that reason. As above, no experience there....

Whatever, Blogger doesn't want to let me change the title for some odd reason.... I was only trying to express how helpless one can feel having to see things like that happen. I suppose 'kidnap victim' would have been better, but then, I was never kidnapped either... except nearly... once when I was five, and a man in a big black car offered me candy if I would get into it.... it's a fuzzy memory.... we were in a very rural outskirt of my town, and I know I was waiting to be picked up by my aunt and see 'Davy Crockett'.

One of the only good things my bio-mom taught me was 'don't take candy from strangers'. I don't know to this day what would have happened otherwise. So that comparison comes closer.

In future... will stick to what I know, ok?

0 Responses to "Some days... I feel like a BD victim...."