This seems to be....

Just tear your hair out week...

First that terrible Brown guy, and I don't mean skin color... And then this morning.... the social service woman finally came by, and wasn't really keen on puttng Peter in a home. He can rent a hospital bed, and not fall out of it any more.

Ah ja...

And, of course, Peter being Peter, he was 'cogent', said he would think about his 'other choices'...

HerrGOTTnochmal, he doesn't HAVE any....

He has increasing moments... he doesn't know what DAY it is, he loses things, can't find where he put his dentures, for instance... but get someone 'outside', he can still pull it together, and seem ok.

Which made me look like an indiot.

Yet another reason I would never consider marriage of any kind. I was pissed off, and was snubbed royally.

I think our social services have a sort of skewed concept. They are reluctant to take anyone out of a surrounding where they feel 'at home'. And consider that 'doing more harm than good'. Which is fine and praiseworthy in most cases.

What it boils down to, however... is that they don't recognise that sometimes you have to do an intervention. And they don't KNOW what gangrene SMELLS like. And think he probably pissed himself, and pretend to ignore it.... (Sometimes 'politeness' gets you nowhere.) It does smell like that a bit, but actually worse.... I've lived with it off and on for seventeen years, I should fucking KNOW...

He hasn't had his remaining foot looked at in MONTHS. And from the smell, well, he'll lose it....

And somewhere along the line... I gave up... that's all, I just friggin' gave up wheedling, cajoling, pleading, because the more I did, the more stubborn he became. Won't go to the hospital, no way, he'd rather die, which he probably will if he keeps it up.

But since my b'day last month, his short term memory is going.... frighteningly fast. Yesterday, after a month of silence, since his Tellycom connection was cut off, and got turned on again yesterday? He had forgotten how to turn it on. He knew the channel numbers he wanted to watch, which was a small comfort....

That sort of thing cuts me right in the gut... To be clear, am not complaining here...

And I knew what was coming since his stroke two years ago....

But am having trouble DEALING with it. Because I often do not know what to do.

And when I try.... I get shot down.

Which brings me to the 'you got no rights' theme, but am not gonna go there...

Big sigh... you try to do what you can, I guess... never get involved with an Aries.

So I came home after an odd encounter with someone from my past... turned on the pc... only to see that there's been an aftershock on Haiti that registered 6.1 on the Richter scale...

And I thought, 'and you think you have problems?' Was horrified.

Perspective.... it is all about perspective....

0 Responses to "This seems to be...."