I dunno, just a mix of pics today, am exhausted...

Ok, have been holding this for a while. It is a long-haired Dachsund, and you don't see them so often any more. His name is Max. Yup... I know this from his owneress. Doggies like Max were the mascot of the Munich Olympics in '72. Called 'Waldi' . Presumably for 'Valdemar'. They had a problem, cute as they look.... they tend to bite.




Now here is your 'classic' 'Rear Window' view from Peter's bed-living room. This morning. As you can see, all of gawwds angels are washing their hair, and the dandruff is mounting up till it gets scary. I love the cedar, the birch tree looks nice... but getting out in that 'stuff' is sort of the pits...





The view wasn't any better from the kitchen... Looking to the riverside, which is about 300 meters away. Can we say 'frosted'?

Tja....






Graffiti is running wild in the city at the moment.








Riot girl seems to be prolific. Annti, are you here and not telling me? Apropos.... NOW is the time for the wood-chippers. They are still at all the Xmas tree collection centers and in full service.... All we gotta do, is kidnap whom we don't like... schlepp them down there in the night, and turn 'em ON.. Yeah, right.... ok. But ya gotta admit it is a fun thought. Sort of... And oh yeah, lots of rose beds nearby. Oh, the joy...

The last of the Xmas decos on the main street. This goes waaay beyond the saying, 'in Graz, the clocks run differently.' Because the hour and the minute hand on the clock tower are reversed. Why hang Xmas trees upside down, and light them up? And who thought of this insane idea?




Last but not least... I haven't seen one of these in AGES. And I can't even tally up all the time I spent in one, commuting from Manchester to Durham daily, back in the day, and wanting to drive, and HAVE one. (I guess I was modest in my wishes, but I wanted mine in 'forest green'. oooo, I would have climaxed just to have that.. ) They had two problems. Wind-shear, which if it came from the side, you could get blown into another lane. And the windshield wipers. If it rained, they wouldn't work... of course... Ahhhh...
How many days after I took the cord out of the bottom of my anorak, cut it in half, and we would tie it to them and keep pulling back and forth through the vent windows in front so we could SEE something... But I don't care. I loved those bugs completely.

So... enough for today.

0 Responses to "I dunno, just a mix of pics today, am exhausted..."