I wish to do a post about a late uncle of mine.....

It is selfish in one way, but it is my blog, and I can do what I wish on it.

When I was very young, I had an uncle among many.

But he was special. And was going deaf.

And music was his entire life, especially classical.

And if I were at my aunt's house, he would call me into his room, and play records for me.

Beautiful music. And he would roll his eyes upwards, and be very thrilled with what he could still hear. At that time, in the Dark Ages, all it was was 45's, and I don't know if anyone knows what that was about any more.

So one fine day, he had gotten a new system.... LP's. With fucking 'stereo sound'...

We are still talking about the Dark Ages here....

I guess he was in seventh heaven...

I was just a kid.

And he gave me a set of 45's.... those were small records... which were remarkable.

They were my entry into the world of classical music, and the conductor was Arturo Toscanini.

Who conducted all of Disney's Fantasia in 1933.

I have fambly whom I took to that movie over many years. I wanted to give the gift my uncle gave me and pass it on. Some of them 'got' it.

And when I came to Europe, thanks to him, I wasn't 'the dummy' I knew a bit.

And went on....

I never got to thank him properly for the great gift he gave me. Not really....

He was invaluable, and I will never forget....

Evah

0 Responses to "I wish to do a post about a late uncle of mine....."