Did I ever tell anyone I once slept with a murderer?

I did... once....

I used to be 'daring', really, I was....

I was just answering an e-mail, and a flood of memories came back.

So yeah, I picked up a guy in the City Park one evening, and back then, it was all gas-lit, and mysterious, and Doris Day, y'know?

Going there was like entering the first scene of 'Midnight Lace'. Fun.

So I picked up this guy, and he was handsome, and he had no place to go. Because he had just been paroled. Well, I thought it was 'romantic' somehow. So I took him home. It was a quid pro quo, so to speak. I never saw him again, but he wasn't out on the streets, and he didn't want to kill me.

He was nice enough.. you do what you can to get what you want, looking back on it.

It was an inn, where I was living. And later, I had the landlady tell me: 'Listen, I wasn't born yesterday, but honey, I have SEEN EVERYTHING. But I gotta hand it to ya.... you never let anyone stay over night.' Which was her bugaboo.

Whatever, he told me he murdered someone. It didn't scare me. This is just a flash-back, but is ok. He was nice enough....

And he was the only person who ever stayed over night back then...

Just to clear this up.... HE 'felt' he was a murderer. He was a mechanic, and he tended Formula 1 racing cars. And he missed something, and one of the most famous Formula 1 driver's in this country died, and he got the blame. It was what I was saying below. You get responsibility, and if you slip one inch, people can die. He was no more a murderer than I am. In other words.... So whaddaya wanna bet that he had to do prison time for the people that hired him, because they were too corporate, and didn't pay attention, and THEY were certainly not going to do time... And you just wait and see.... BP is gonna get some poor fool, find him or her guilty for negligence, And THEY WILL GO TO JAIL. I only brought this up, because he was the fall guy. And had to do hard time in prison, and came to believe it was really only his fault. The driver who died is still an icon in Austria. I hope he is ok. He stayed decent. I was just too tired yesterday to want to relive the core of it. It's always fun to shock. But I learned all that before I took him home and gave him some place to stay for a night till he got his bearings. You have to live to learn.

0 Responses to "Did I ever tell anyone I once slept with a murderer?"