Just a by the way sort of thing....

The post below is the first time I directly spoke to what is happening in the Gulf. As up and down as things have been where I am, I haven't been ignoring that, or not wanting to express my outrage up till now.

True, there have been things to do that I HAVE to do, so far away, but I haven't taken my eye off what is happening from the moment it began.

There were other reasons I have been holding off on getting all Rambo on the subject.

Firstly, I'm not there, so everyone was puzzling over what it means, and media can be shrill.

But I haven't been ignoring the subject either. I did reference it, how people here are shocked about it all, but for them, it is also 'very far away', but they ARE upset, and angry.

It is the topic of the day here.

Secondly, I KNOW people down in that region, und was terribly shocked and saddened, and so fucking angry, I couldn't even express it. I was burning and still burn with the heat of a thousand suns. Which can leave you speechless.

Thirdly, I waited. How are things being managed, how can all this be solved, how can that EVER be cleaned up? Listen, we can all go off half-cocked (gun reference here, please...) but that never helps anything. In spite of all the direness, you have to get the full picture as best you can if you aren't there, and try to focus on who is to blame, and what is to do to punish them, because this is a crime in my book, and murder. 11 people died in that explosion, and they have mostly been pushed into the background, because everything else is so much more important for the MSM.... most of it. Safety regulations were trampled on, and people died.

Listen, I was responsible for that stuff in my workplace, and if I had been that negligent, and anyone would have died, I would have been toast. Not my bosses, no one else, it would have been on my watch, and guests' safety was first and foremost. We have stringent rules here.

So why didn't they have them there, and CARRY THEM OUT??? I know, the work on an oil rig is dangerous, but they have the same rules as well. Someone is responsible, and belongs in jail.

I was furious today to learn that some law in 1920 prohibits any sort of retribution if someone is killed on the 'high seas', and it never got ammended. It made me fucking sick to my stomach.

Fourth, I hate corporations, and have made no bones about it here. I can't believe the unmitigated GALL of what I have been hearing from that side. There are other aspects, but believe me, a lot of people are paying attention.

So when I heard Tony Hayward whine, 'I want my life back'---I think it was two days ago... that really festered in me, and if he had been in my prescence, I would have done some physical abuse, it was so offensive.

I will have more to say later, once I see what is really going on over there. I do know I have seen enough to sit silently crying at the tragedies which have hit everyday Louisianans. It breaks my heart. First Katrina, now this Frankenstinian horror. This time man-made, and so unnecessary, but the only underlying motive was baseless greed, and good people are being destroyed. And we still don't know how much wider it will spread. And the people there are wonderful, and never deserved this horror.

I wanna see a world-wide boycott of anything BP produces.

Just wanted to clear that up.

0 Responses to "Just a by the way sort of thing...."