Just when I thought I had been hyperbolic

regarding Tony Hayward, and thought that satire is something so inappropriate as far as the Gulf Coast catastrophe is concerned.....

Steven Colbert taught me a different lesson in his Monday night show, yesterday. You can catch it on-line here. (For those who don't have cable...)

In the first segment, he went all Rambo on a fake Tony Hayward, and it involved all my favorite fantasies, shoe to the groin, throwing him down a flight of stairs, slamming a fire door into him, throwing him off a roof where he got repeatedly 'run over' by a car, and as he was still alive, attacking him with seagulls. (Yeah, I got a nasty mind, hey, when it comes to revenge... although I wouldn't have thought of the seagulls and yelling, 'Feed, babies, Feed!') It was so cathartic to watch, and I laughed tears. The rest of the 22 minutes was just as sterling, but you have to see it to believe it. Some people can be so bloody fantastic, and when you see someone top themselves, it is just amazing. Plus he racked up over one hundred thousand dollars for a Gulf relief fund in 22 minutes.

Just brilliant.

0 Responses to "Just when I thought I had been hyperbolic"