omg, omg, omg.....

As if it weren't bad enough having to bus over to Peter's to turn in his keys, at a time when they are already overcrowded with school kids, it's been friggin pouring rain in sheets. And at least the transfer going there was prompt enough, but it was a hassle.

I got there on time, and the movers were already waiting outside. So I had to explain who I was, 'a work colleague over many years...' (eeeewww...) And asked whom I was supposed to turn over the keys to.

The answer nearly knocked me on my ass: 'The Bailiff'. (In German it is 'Gerichtsvollzieher', had to look up the English term in a dictionary, but I knew what it meant...)

Oh cripes, I thought, I don't wanna mess with 'da lawz', no indeed....

I opened the apt, for them, dashed to open the patio doors and the windows, because it smelled completely vile. Just in time for 'The Bailiff' to arrive and ask me who the fuck hell I am.... I handed over all of the keys, and asked him if I were allowed to check Peter's post box one last time. (May I, not can I... manners mean a lot, so thanks Mom, wherever you are...)

Ominous things in there. Had to give him my full name, and it is always hilarious to me that they get confused, and I have to spell my family name. It is actually simple, but it stymies them as I would only be if it's a long polish one with nearly no consonants, and lots of sz's in it.

'Funny' things occurred, of the kind that only I can find amusing. Like being asked if I were going to take his wheelchair to him. Which earned him one of my infamous 'looks'. That thing is so messed up with bodily waste, the only solution is to burn it. When I caught my breath, I said, 'errm, no, he has one in the nursing home, and you are kidding me, right?'

Herr Lobwein on the other side of the hall came out, and his dog Rocco nearly attacked one of the movers, and Herr L., who is very choleric, attacked the guy verbally. The mover was visibly shaken, said the guy was insane, and had a pit bull. Which Rocco is not. And I said, 'Oh, you want to make a wide circle around them, especially Rocco.' This did not earn a grim smile.

Well, by then, my duty was done, and I wanted only to get out of there. And The Bailiff suddenly blocked my exit. 'What are you taking out of here?' he demanded to know. And I said... 'Umm... a breakfast sandwich that I lost my appetite for and Peter's post which you ALLOWED me to take.' Whereupon he actually blushed, and said, 'Excuse me, sorry.' And I said, 'That's ok, I understand.'

See, manners are miracle worker rules for not getting into trouble. And I DO understand. He's got no easy job, hey.

Leaving, two of the movers were complaining about the stench from the bed and wheelchair. And one of them said, 'Well, we're just going to have to clench our teeth and get through this.' At which point, I wished I were dead.

And I said, 'I'm so sorry, guys, that all happened just before his second heart attack, and he got diahrrea, and often couldn't make it to the WC. And that is one of the few things I couldn't deal with, cleaning it up.'

And you know what? THEY attacked ME. 'Hey! He couldn't help himself! He was so poorly off, and obviously helpless.' Well, make my day, why don'tcha.

But it is a nice trait that they would say that. Shows solidarity with poor people. Didn't mind taking that hit, to tell the truth...

So I got my last ride on the 34E to Jaki, the rain was pouring down, and had a ten minute wait for my transfer, and was not gonna get drenched, because even an umbrella is no protection in that sort of rain. So I did the unthinkable, and ducked into MacD's, and got a take out bacon and egg McMuffin. Which left me only two minutes to wait. And came home.

So... why the omg's up in the title? One sentence from The Bailiff: 'Where's the other stuff? He had help.' And THAT is when I got this sinking feeling I only experienced on the express elevator in the Empire State Building, going down. And that was only a rhetorical question to himself, not to me.

THAT is when the omg's hit. 'What hasn't he told me? As usual? What kind of trouble ahead, golramit? How could I trust him, and drag in my friends without an inkling that it might hurt them? Why does he DO this shit?'

Well, I did call Gamlitz as soon as I was in the door, and gave him a vicious tongue-lashing, and told him to clear it up, like yesterday, or I am NOT going to lift a finger for him ever again. Am just beyond angry, at the moment.

Yup, just another fine mess he's gotten us into, seemingly. And I want absolutely nothing to do with 'da lawz' here... Sheesh.

All I got was 'Thank you, thank you, thank you. Uh-HUH. That really doesn't cut it....

2 Responses to "omg, omg, omg....."

Anntichrist S. Coulter says
17 June 2010 at 11:06

Not saying a damned thing, except that if *I* were in your wet squeaky shoes, I'd have told that fucking "BALIFF," exactly WHO you were to Peter Teh Not-So-Great, and WHY you were the one who'd been taking care of him for umpteen fucking DECADES, and how it was NONE OF HIS FUCKING ***BIDNESS*** WHAT IN THE *FUCK* YOU WERE DOING THERE!!!!!!

Fucking blustering self-important minor-league motherfucking BUREAUCRAT. I know, I know, he's "just doing his job," JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS, etc., but he did NOT have to be such a teeny-tiny fucking PRICK about it.

As far as Peter goes, and what went on when you weren't there --- A.: I doubt that he even "remembers," as he seems to have teh F.U. & her Dick's "selective memory," and B.: You don't wanna know part B. You already know how I feel about those issues and his behavior towards you and humanity in general. I know, you'll defend him to the death, but that doesn't excuse the lies, manipulation and bullshit.

Anonymous

ohhhh... yeah, I was still really pissed off because I wrote it as soon as I got home, and off the horn with Peter. Steaming angry, although I channeled it into something else.

I was 'afraid' that 'He was just doing his job' crack would raise hackles, smacks of Nazism. But being a bailiff is his job, after all.

I did NOT tell the bailiff about anything to do with Peter. Just that he asked me to bring the keys, and open up.

I DID tell the movers when I got there, they were much more curious,darlin'....

And I was thinkin', 'It's none of your damned business.' As tolerant as most people here can be, I am very selective about who I am 'out' to. That comes from experience, ok? I hate getting hurt, who doesn't???

As to A, oh YEAH, I know about that all right, and the last months made it all exceptionally clear. I can guess what B was, all right... you've told me and told me.... did I listen? No! (And that last was channeling my late mother Lillian, because I heard it often enough... she would say it to me when she was exasperated with my stubbornness.)

I'm glad to see you. Have been worried and missed you. Shoot me over the internets a mail you, huh, and get me up to date. (That is Canadian French English for 'write me'.)

Hugs