Rachel Maddow for President!!!!

She 're-imagined' the Oval Office speech as she thinks it should have been done. It was a tour de force, and was right on target as to what I had been thinking below. Am glad I found the clip this a.m.

And yeah, I know, that isn't Obama's style, but was what lots of people seemingly had wanted to hear. In retrospect, he did get an unprecedented amount of money from BP the next day, and gets some of my respect back. But his MO sort of mystifies me.... Everyone gets all six years old, hollers and screams 'Gimme! NOW!' and get all hostile, thinking he is too detached, and before you know it... he gets results. That is sort of unusal, and not what people are used to, you know?

That is not to say I don't have issues with that style. But whatever, I really liked the 'reimagined' version that Rachel gave. It's well worth listening to.

2 Responses to "Rachel Maddow for President!!!!"

mommapolitico says
20 June 2010 at 06:21

Loved the speech! Brought out what needed to be said. Style was different, of course, but the substance is what mattered.

Nice post - keep up the good work, friend!

RenB says
20 June 2010 at 07:09

Thanks, glad you liked it. And will keep doing my best.