Umm... about driving.... Did you ever get a WV stuck on a sidewalk?

I did. Unfortunately. I was gonna take my driver's test? And a friend let me drive his WV bug at nite. I did ok.... Except... I turned too sharply, and the Bug was stuck on the curb. If you want to talk about mortification, you've never been there, believe me. So They lifted it up, and wanted me to go in reverse, Hard. Well, the First Time didn't work, and they screamed ' Gun it!' So I did, and was so relieved to be not stuck on the sidewalk... um I forgot to brake in time.

Oh... I put a 45 dollar dent in that cute VW. It was more than a week's pay for me at the time, so I went go my boss. He was off the charts for hilarity. He advanced me the money, and never made it 'hurt'.

I don't know why I'm thinking about this tonight.

But believe me, I have never gotten behind the wheel of a car since..... Devils' work, hey...

0 Responses to "Umm... about driving.... Did you ever get a WV stuck on a sidewalk?"