Hooray, hooray....

Yes, it is my birfday for the sixtieth time...

And to make it extra super special....

Peter just called to ask if I were going to come by or not.

I just got BACK from there! He didn't fucking remember. I said, 'go look in the kitchen, there is still a piece of cake for you there, (which I normally never give him), and reminded him we had watched The Colbert Report on the pc, which was unusually good yesterday.

And wanted to triumphantly tell me that our GP was there, and not in New Yawk. That will be NEXT week. Whereupon he threatened him with another stroke if he doesn't DO something....

What a present....

But I did get one nice present. The woman who trashed Peter in the supermarket a week or so ago was on the bus today when I was on my way home came and sat next to me, although there were plenty of other free seats around. And she said, 'Excuse me, but I really have to apologise to you for what I said.' And I started shaking my head 'no', and patted her arm on her coat sleeve, and said, 'Please do not do that. I understand.' We made a bit of small talk, then she moved on, and I think she was relieved that I was not the protective monster she thought I was. She is just an old woman, has her predjudices and perceptions, but it was really big of her to do that.

I couldn't think of a nicer birfday present. Really. Gave me an inch of faith in humanity again....

Ok, ok... that sounds 'maudlin'. But it was unexpected, and thus a gift.

I wish to thank Annti for being the very first in my mail this morning at 4 a.m. (yeah, I'm a walking zombie in the wee hours...), and even mentioning me on her blog with kind words in her December birfday posts. We're both kinda stubborn, and the past few months, I was often not very nice, for which I am sorry. Stress can be a friendship-killer, but even then, we seem to go beyond that, and that is a wonderful thing.

Whatever, it is going on 3 p.m. And it is already going twilight. Sooo... will grab a bite of something to eat, and then retire into my cocoon.

After I update my profile. Am now officially an 'oldie'.

0 Responses to "Hooray, hooray...."