Well... some things can leave you speechless....

Had a horrendous weekend, thenk you....

Was ill, my asthma acted up, and I didn't find anything 'remarkable' on the internets, which is typical for a long horriday weekend....

Other than those party-crashers at the White House, which should have just been reported, and then they should have shut up. Why give them more publicity?

Hell, I crashed Jimmy Carter's speech to his supporters in the ballroom of the now defunct hotel they were staying in in NH just after the primaries, after all. Because I was wondering, 'who IS this guy?'

But.... it was just curiosity, there was no food, and if there had been Facebook, I most certainly have NOT wanted to post pictures of the event on it, or wanted to use it to get into a reality show, of which there were none back then.

Things can happen, but there is a difference between being curious and wanting to capitalise on an 'event'. The latter is disgusting.

Whatever... got up this morning... and thought I was heading for a heart attack. Something about the weather, and I could just NOT get going. So I was late getting off to Peter's place.

Plus... the government changed its' policy of when you get your pension, you see, so I had been three days without food. (I do pinch my pennies, and can make them stretch to the day the next check gets deposited in the bank, but caught unaware they changed it.)

So... it went from the 26th of the month to the first of the month. And my ATM was maxed out on the 27th... and believe me, I get a pittance, so there ya go, as they say.

We never got a notice about this.

I don't really see the sense in the change, as the banks will only make a mess of interest money over four days, and then things are back to 'normal', as a one-time deal....

In any case, till the time I pulled myself together and bussed across town... I was very late.

And when I got off at my stop... there was Peter in his wheelchair.

To my knowledge he has never left the house on his own steam, so that was a surprise.

Worse, however, was how he looked.

And how he was 'not' dressed.

Hair ragged, beard a mess, filthy tee-shirt, didn't even bother to put on his pants, just laid it over his lap and threw a sweater over that... it's fucking December, hey.

Ok, mild for the day, but I fucking freaked out.

So I went and got him his money, so I went up the street and withdrew it for him, and he wanted to go shopping.

And I said, 'There is no WAY I am taking you in there looking like that, what the hell were you THINKING of?'

'It is two thirty pm, and I HAVE to get things taken care of.'

It was just after 11 a.m.

This after last night, when the phone rang off the hook, thirty times till it stopped, and I thought... 'ok, he fell out of bed again, but if he is back in it and calling, nothing bad has happened.' Except. It didn't really, so I got out of bed, and called. And he said yes, it had been him and he was full of plans for today. Thankfully I had my glasses on, and could see the time. It was 2:30 a.m.

I was NOT amused.

Put those two factoids together, and I will have to start singing three choruses of 'The Best Is Yet To Come'. Not.

He still will not go to hospital, as soon as I am there, he falls asleep, and his breathing is awful.

0 Responses to "Well... some things can leave you speechless...."